Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Windows 10 start button does not work. No start menu.

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.When did the problem start?May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Martin, Network Engineer
Experience: 10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=2d1a03c8-3716-4598-9457-6f97738f9ec9Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can access my computer. Being a very senior individual tell me how to connect and hopefully you can solve my problem. Is this included in my payment to paypal?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had problem for five days now.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, good to be able to help you.Above, in my last reply you will find instructions on how we can get connected, the remote support offer you accepted should have its price listed underneath as well as in your email inbox.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry nothing seems to be happening. I openbed the web site you asked me to but nothing seems to be starting??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Got the program and now await your pleasure
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, connected!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know once the computer has restarted.Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Started now. I haven't tried anything yet - just opened email
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still with me?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Could you open the remote support link again for me so I can reconnect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do. Same as before?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Yep!Thanks
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
There you go!If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.And if you're happy with the service I'm providing so far feel free to click on one of the 5 stars above followed by Finish as it would be greatly appreciated!Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This might help. I cannot connect with the Edge browser as apparently
my Administrator privileges prohibit it! This means that I cannot
connect via links I am sent as they all seem to use Edge as default
browser. I cannot create a new user for the same reason.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
This issue was resolved on October 26th via remote.Are you experiencing new problems with your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue was not fully resolved previously. The session was ended because it had lasted longer than anticipated and I had to go elsewhere. There are some outstanding problems, all part of the original problem. 1. I am now the 'Administrator' It seems to mean that I cannot access the Edge browser. i get a window telling me 'administrator cannot open this. switch to another user. This is not correct. In addition the other user, my wife Mary. has the same problem as original the Start menu does not work because the start button does not work. Asfar as I am concerned this is all part of the originalproblem and is inclusive in what I have already paid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anybody there? What happens now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello!!!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue was not fully resolved. How do I get completion. I do not expect to have to pay another fee.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am tryiong to get through to you nut I get no response whatsoever. Please answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whet on earth is going on. I can get no response. Is this because I cannot access the Edge browser??
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, most of our experts are in EST timezone, you replied to me 7 hours after I sent you my message so it would have been very early here.
Let me know when you're online and I'll send you another remote support link.
The original problem was resolved, I can look into the Edge browser problem for no extra charge this time.
Kindest Regards,
Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
! am now on line, but using this link previously doesn't seem to reach you - I do not get a reply. So, let's tryu again.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure, here's the new link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=bf33de40-cee0-4d59-b6b7-ab59dac4dbad
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can only use Chrome Browser. Can you reply via this?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can open the link with Chrome that's fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Martin, not sure what's happened there. Seems to have restarted and I can access Edge. Can I try other user,Mary, to see what happens/
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I wasn't able to reconnect to the session - the other user Mary should remain unchanged as I mentioned earlier but Edge should now be functional.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still connected? I know I must seem to be completely 'stupid''
Yes I can open Edge. Is that us finished now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this session now closed?
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I will end the remote session from my end so it doesn't keep loading on your computer.Have a lovely day!Martin