Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I informed Hotmail more than 18 months ago that I no longer

Customer Question

I informed Hotmail more than 18 months ago that I no longer wanted/needed a Hotmail account but in spite of that it remains there. Within the last week as a result of your new service I am being bothered by incoming E mails for things I don't want - how do I completely cancel Hotmail and get rid of all this new inconvenience? I am elderly and use E mail only for personal matters - I am not interested in your other services. But it is a nuisance to have a bell ringing every time something from Hotmail comes in - and equally inconvenient to turn it off because deletes other sound. A quick response and total cancellation of my Hotmail address/account would be appreciated. J Williams
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To check, you are still able to sign into this Hotmail account that you would like to have closed?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't use it - not updated.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have a current password ***** I have not personally used Hotmail e mail for over a year and tried repeatedly to cancel the service - which is what I am trying to do now. I might be able to give you my old password ***** I thinj was shoot52 ***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, but I need you to do the last instructions I gave so I can check the issue please on your computer, as if you have not signed in in 18 months it will have been closed, so the issue will be something else.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your instructions not clear to me because not computer trained.think probably best to cancel request for advice and get engineer to come in and sort later. Request refund of payment please as method of advice inadequate for me. Need to clear becuase connection now holding up ecpected other e mails. J.W.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
on which step of the instructions did you get stuck?
We can do it another way which may be even easier for you.
Just click this link, click I Agree and run the file please
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=da722832-e9de-48b3-ae56-1c8277083868
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think i have probably closed programme as am out of my depth here. Best to closecdown and then restartbso can access my other work. All yourvhelp is fine for computer literate people but not for inexperienced older people like me but thsnks fir offer of help. Woukd still like my money refunded as Hotmail should have respnded to all my earlier requests to cacel servuce. J.w.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See e mail sent above not wish contine. J.W.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok no problem