John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I bought a HP Stream in august, it told me to download windows

i bought a HP Stream in august, it told me to download windows 10. the installation failed, so the laptop tried to go back to windows 8 and it kept looping saying " installation failed, restoring original system", i couldnt get any farther. i tried everything to try and fix it myself, reasearching the internet about what to do. i rang microsoft beginning of september and was told to contact HP and get a recovery memory stick, which i did but that didnt make a difference. what do i do now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you Sir/Ma'am what is the full model of the PC?What happens when you boot from the recovery stick?Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. You will also get an email notification in your email each time I reply. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HP stream 13-c025na
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the model.Could you please let me know what happens when you boot from the recovery stick?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At the moment it asks for the memory stick that has the failed installation on but that memory stick has gone missing
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Did you purchase that recovery memory stick from HP?have you tried restoring to factoring setting using the inbuilt recovery partition?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I purchased it form hp. I have pressed f11 and tried through that way but other than that I don't know how
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Once again could you please try the F11 key1.Disconnect all usb storage devices connected to the laptop2.Connect the power adapter to the laptop3.Turn on the laptop and Press F11 key repeatedly when you saw the HP start-up screen,see if that opens a HP recovery manager screen.Let me know once you are there.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says your pc needs to be repaired
A required device isn't connected
Error code: 0xc0000225
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.I think you pressed F11 key after the HP start-up so could you please try this press and hold ESC key then turn on the laptop without releasing the ESC key.when it makes a long beep sound release the ESC key and let me know the options it shows on the screen.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens except the usual "please insert the external media and press ok"
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.Turn on the computer, quickly press ESC key and then press f10See if that open BIOS set up screen,let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's open
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Good now go to boot menu and check the first and second boot device.Let me know what are those device names.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
UEFI Boot order
OS Boot manager
USB diskette on key/USB hard disk
USB CD/DVD ROM drive
! Network adapted
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am i am not clear.The above list shows all the boot devices on the PC.Which is the first boot device and second boot device.If possible take a picture on the boot order and attach it in this chat page using the Paper clip icon.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If its difficult for you then please try the followingTurn off the laptop and wait for a minute then turn in on again,quickly press ESC key and then press f9 key see if that opens boot device menu,if so let me know the devices name listed in it.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OS boot manager <UEFI> - windows boot manager < HBG4e>

USB hard drive <UEFi> -TOSHIBIA MSFT NORB

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for the image that really helps.Now turn off the laptop and wait for a minute then turn in on again,quickly press ESC key and then press f9 key see if that opens boot device men,if so select notebook hard drive if its not listed see if there is HDD listed if so select that and press enter.Let me know what happens after that.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its gone to hp recovery manager

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK what all options does it shows?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

reset and back up files or factory reset

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Which one did you do before and failed ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i didnt get this far before. ive pressed factory reset as i didnt have any files to back up

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK factory reset is the one we needed.let it run and let me know the progress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its restarting itself now.

once its fixed would you reccomend trying to download windows 10 again or would you suggest staying with windows 8

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
During the factory restore it will restart couple of times to update the settings. I wont suggest you to upgrade to windows 10 because it has lot of compatibility issues.Even if you are going to do do a clean install of windows 10 using USB stick or DVD.Most of these booting issues happen due to upgrade installation so if you do a clean installation of windows 10 that might work.what is the progress now?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just restarted the second time

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK let me know what it shows after this restart?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it says software us being installed with two lines underneath which is slowly filling up

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
OK i believe its installing the required drivers and applications for the laptop.let me know once that is done.Sincerely,John
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
What is the status now?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Ma'am i haven't heard from you after the software installation stage.I have to leave now for 2 to 3 hrs so could you please let me know how the restoring process go,were able to login in to windows 8?If it worked please rate my services/answer positively using the options just below this box or above this page select the rating and click on submit. If it didn’t work please let me know that too.Have a Great God Blessed Day. If you need any help in the future please use this link to ask for me http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-john/Sincerely,John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it restrarted the recovery process again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its still recovering

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It keeps looping the factory reset
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
When you say its in a loop do you mean its restarting and doing the recovery process again and again automatically.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would do the recovery process then go back to the option of factory reset or back up files then reset. I have tried all options and it just goes back to the first option after about an hour
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the update.After the recovery process the system will reboot then did you press esc key or F9 key again because that will restart the recovery process again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's fixed now, I turned it off then on again
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the update.Glad to know that and i will close this question now.Sincerely,John