IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My laptop seems to be slow again.

Customer Question

My laptop seems to be slow again.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 2 years ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot it and fix it? Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK thanks
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=794579
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Its taking forever to restart do you want me to close and restart?
Yes, please restart. Disable ESET then run the link..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The eset icon has gone
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=878110
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kamil,
Sorry to say, my laptop is slower now, cursor hanging up, and connection to print soooo slow.
Please click the link below and run/open the downloaded program:https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=114079
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Kamil, the cursor is "hanging" and the startup is slow but particularly slow connecting with the printer (wireless)
Can you please tell me last time when i worked on it on the 28th; did it show any improvements?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
very slight improvement to speed at loading but worse now but the cursor was still freezing and send to printer is still very slow.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. Let me know if you still require assistance with this issue.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
IT Miro
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi yes I still require help please
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Hello! If your computer is running slowly, you can disable all startup programs and then check the results. Here is how to do it: 1. Press the Windows Logo key and R keys simultaneously to bring up the Run box2. There type msconfig and press Enter3. The System Configuration window will open. Click on the Startup tab4. Click the Disable all button5. To save the changes, click OK and then click the Restart button. Your computer will restart, and next time you log into your account, the startup programs won't be automatically started. To start them manually, click on the program's icon Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will this stop the cursor freezing?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
If the cursor freezing is caused by one of the startup programs, then disabling them will stop it. You can re-enable the startup programs in case my suggestions didn't help.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get 3 options at msconfig normal, diagnostic or selective
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
Check my instructions again. Don't make any changes to the "General" tab, but instead, click on the "Startup" tab and click the Disable All button there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just checked again, there is no disable all button in "startup" in fact there's only a button for "open task manager"
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
See the attached pictures:
Expert:  IT Miro replied 2 years ago.
In case you don't see it, click on the "Open Task Manager" instead. It should open the list with startup programs. There you can click on each program and then click Disable located in the bottom right corner. Once you have disabled them all, restart your computer and check the results.