Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

My Kindle fails to switch on. When the start button is pressed

My Kindle fails to switch on. When the start button is pressed the green light flashes but the screen stays black. What Now?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. First off, please slide and HOLD down the Power button on the Kindle for atleast 30 seconds, and then release the button. Does it power on all right this time?' Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.Otherwise, a positive rating (at the top of this page) would be much appreciated. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens except the green light goes out after a few seconds
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can add more here...
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hmm, okay. Are you using a Kindle Paperwhite? Also, did you make sure to hold down the Power button for 30 seconds, as requested earlier? Please try it one more time, and let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not Paperwhite. However the Kindle is now working, I've switched on and off a couple of time and it seems ok! Thank you..
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay, great - we just needed to reset the Kindle by doing this, to resolve the issue. A positive rating (at the top of this page) would be much appreciated. Thank you :)
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the rating and the bonus; I greatly appreciate it! Take care :)