Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a Toshiba portege model Z30-A-1GX and I cannot reboot

I have a Toshiba portege model Z30-A-1GX and I cannot reboot (or shut it off) I just unplug power cord and I can’t pull the battery in this model . what to do ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Then start it and tell me if it now starts correctly please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

testing just now . Got response from system. Its is running a disk check at c level so at least it is self testing. will report back in a few minutes.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Fred, I want to make sure your system is running correctly.
Let me know the results of the check please (its normal it would run a check after this)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am back up and running Richard thank you. Have to see what I might have lost but at least I am operational. thank you very much. Fred

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Fred,
Very doubtful anything was lost, I would be very surprised.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.