Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

Like many others I cannot send or receive emails on hotmail.

Customer Question

Like many others I cannot send or receive emails on hotmail. keeps telling me I have the wrong password. This is both on my IMAC computer and on the IPAD. PLEASE HELP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.If your password ***** isn’t working, it’s time to reset your password.To reset your password:Click this link: Reset your password.Choose the reason you need your password ***** then click Next.Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com.Enter the characters you see on the screen (this lets us know you’re not a robot), then click Next.If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.If password ***** doesn't work, try these: If you can't get a security codeIf you don't have or can't get to your security info (your alternate phone number or email address), click I didn’t get a codewhen you’re prompted for a code at sign-in, or I don’t have access to these when you’re resetting your password, then follow the instructions.You may be asked to fill out a security questionnaire, you’ll be asked for info like the subject lines of email you recently sent from your account, your birthdate, credit card info, and other details only you would know. There may be a 30-day waiting period to get full access to your account. Learn more about security info here: Security info & security codes.