Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

My kindle will not allow me to download new books I can only

my kindle will not allow me to download new books I can only read old ones I do not understand the instructions in thee setings pages
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you Please let me know what message you get when you try to download a new purchased book
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has lost 3g connectivity

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
try the belowHold down the power button for 20 seconds… Even when the screen goes black, make sure you keep holding the button for 20 seconds.When you RELEASE after 20 seconds, wait. The screen should flicker. Then a moment later you’ll see the Kindle splash screen and a fill-up bar. This is basically a hard reboot of your Kindle. The fill-up bar will fill up and then your Kindle will turn on. You MUST see this fill-up bar at this stage. If not, you have not rebooted the Kindle, you have only powered it on and off. So, make sure you see the fill-up bar on the Kindle splash screen.After the Kindle turns back on, go to your Archived items and try to re-download the book
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you are able to download or you get the same message
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

have done this but in order to buy a new book 3g does not work I can read books already on there

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
so basically you are unable to connect to the internet on the kindleis that correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No what is happening is that the 3g whispernet is not working and the device is trying to connect through locked wifi connections how do I connect through the £g network the model is a 3.0.2 with wifi and 3g connectivity thanks

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
If your problem is with connecting to the 3G network, first check the Kindle 3G coverage map which should help you determine whether a 3G signal should be available to you or not. Next, check your battery. If it is low, then you will need to charge before proceeding. Open the menu and activate the 3G connection, following this by syncing your device with the Kindle library (Menu > Sync & Check for Items on later models).Restarting your Kindle may help here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you wll try this

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sorted the problem with a friend thanks

Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using justanswer service.