Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My kindle will not connect even though I am sat by the router

Customer Question

My kindle will not connect even though I am sat by the router so must be within wireless range
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Do you have a windows computer already connected to your wifi network?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Carl
The reason is the password ***** used is incorrect and we can get the correct one from the windows computer to use on the Kindle.
To get this, press the windows key + R and type in
ncpa.cpl
Press enter
Right click on Wireless connection (or wifi) and select status, then click on wireless properties, then click on the Tab security and then click on Show characters.
You then see the correct password ***** use on the Kindle when connecting.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Else let me know the results please.