Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I've just tried to check my emails on both my I pad and I phone

Customer Question

I've just tried to check my emails on both my I pad and I phone and keep getting password ***** ,enter the password ***** the exchange account outlook , I haven't got a clue what this is,and have tried passwords that I use ,to no avail .unfortunately because of this I can't email anyone to get any assistance . HELP !
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Could you let me know what's the email address you are being prompted for the password ***** please? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you currently have a cellphone number ending with -96?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If so, please let me know the last four digits of the cellphone number; thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No ?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
OK, do you have access to either of these following two accounts:jo*****@hotmail.co.ukwi*****@hotmail.com Do let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I only have access to***@******.***
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, but you stated earlier that you were unable to access the***@******.*** account using the iPad/iPhone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry I'm confusing you , I only have 1 email ac ,as above and can't access it
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hmm, I see. Please try to remember; do any of your contacts have email addresses starting as follows:jo*****@hotmail.co.ukwi*****@hotmail.com Both of these email addresses are listed as recovery options for your account, along with a cell number ending with -96.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
It's possible that your email account has been hacked/compromised, and the recovery options have been changed along with the password; hence this issue. Please let me know.