Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

Pete I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact I have locked my self out by not being able to r

Hi Pete
I have a Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
I have locked my self out by not being able to remember my pin to enable the finger print option. I have been told that it needs resetting.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.do you know what android version your sony xperia has?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I have an answer please?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
when an android phone is locked it can only be reset and then after that you can use the phone again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to do?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Resetting the phone will erase all you personal photos and apps. I will give you the steps if you are ready to reset.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I'm Ready.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
While the device is on, press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys.Wait for the screen to shut off and the device to vibrate once (about 3 seconds).Release the keys once the screen has shut off.Press the power key to turn the device back on.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Master reset with hardware keys Please use the settings menu to access the master reset feature. Note: your device PIN must be entered incorrectly 10 times before this option becomes available. When your phone has reached the maximum attempts to enter the PIN, the following message will appear: Tap Ok.Enter the security code provided on the screen. The device will reboot and restore everything back to the factory settings
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Option is not coming up
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Press and hold the power button + volume up key for a couple of seconds.The device will vibrate once, you can release the power button, but maintain the volume key down for 10 more seconds.The phone will vibrate and then shutdown, indicating that the hard reset procedure is completed.Simply turn on your phone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUCCXJZJzvU
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
check the video.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is still locked
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
push and hold down the power button and remove the sd card from the phone.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know once its off and the battery is in after removing the sd card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't remove battery from this phone and the sd card is out and it's off
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
power on the phone and try to enter the wrong pin for 10 times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried and still locked out.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i am trying to make it very simple i have a sony z series and i am trying the button steps its working.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
power off the phone and let me know when its off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's off
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
now follow the steps very carefully.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
press and hold down the volume up key do not release it while holding they vol key press and hold down the power button
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
release the power button key only after 5 seconds and not the vol up key.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
once you get android screen with options let me know.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
go a head now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried that, still locked.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
how is that possible i can do it on my phone please read the steps again and try to follow it again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i hope you are not releasing the vol up button with the power button
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
turn off the phone power and wait for 1 minute.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
press and hold down vol up button and power button same time hold it for 10 seconds and release only power button and keep the volume up key held down.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I'm not.
It keeps going off.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i am sorry but that is the only way you can get it reset to factory defaults which will wipe off the pin.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
lets try other option
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
do you have a computer connected to the internet?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
i can reset you phone using your computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are on my computer right now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My other phone email is:***@******.***
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($18). It is 100% safe which will allow me directly work on the problem and can be fixed quickly, you can sit back and watch your screen while i fix it for you. Let me know if you need the additional service or else we can continue with the service you have already opted for.let me know if you want to opt for remote assistance.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Click here to run remote assistance
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Join Your Remote Desktop SessionHow Remote Desktop WorksAgree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Customer Hi this is Michellemichelleclive: i am connectedmichelleclive: may i take the mouse controlGuest: phone has made a few noises and finger print function is still locked.michelleclive: no problem login to your gmail accountmichelleclive: please login to your gmail accountmichelleclive: you closed the page i openedmichelleclive: you have to login to your google account to unlock and reset the phonemichelleclive: let me openGuest: there is no new gmail on my phone.michelleclive: is this your phone c1905Guest: Cell: 07505573659michelleclive: is the phone ringingmichelleclive: did the phone ringGuest: little pingsmichelleclive: ok goodmichelleclive: check your phone and let me know what you seeGuest: A map of where I stay.michelleclive: now what you seeGuest: A picture of a C1905michelleclive: can you access the phone nowGuest: Still asking for pin.Guest: Do I need to put the sim card in?michelleclive: yesGuest: It's inmichelleclive: ok now with the phone turned off press the volume up button and while holding it down press the power buttonGuest: STILL LOCKEDmichelleclive: ok let me checkmichelleclive: let me know if the phone is ringingGuest: ITS OFFGuest: YESmichelleclive: is it ringing..you need to press power button to stop it from ringingmichelleclive: let me know once doneGuest: It was my other phone with no sim card in it.michelleclive: ok right now is yoiur xperia on or offGuest: Z5 is offmichelleclive: ok and the sim is inserted in the x5michelleclive: z5 i meantGuest: Yes it ismichelleclive: ok now keep the volume up\down button pressedmichelleclive: while you are holding it down press the power button as wellmichelleclive: let me know if you get any screen on the z5Guest: Finger print still locked outmichelleclive: were you able to get onto the home screenGuest: Nomichelleclive: right now are you getting the screen to enter pin or you have moved further and are now sstuck on fingerprint screenGuest: When I try to go into it, it ask for pinmichelleclive: ok so when you turn it on, the first screen you get is to enter the pinmichelleclive: correctGuest: I get the time, date and day with a couple of messages I can't get access to, because of the pin.michelleclive: did you try presisng the power button and volume down buttonmichelleclive: does it come back to the same screen when you press the 2 buttons togetherGuest: Its giving me the Power off or Restartmichelleclive: ok hold down the volume down button first and then while keeping it pressed press the power buttonmichelleclive: this is the standard sequnce for all android dveices...needs to be done corrcetly to open the recovery\reset screenGuest: It turned off.michelleclive: is there anyone else next to you who may try the stepsGuest: Nomichelleclive: okmichelleclive: can you give me your land line phone let me call you.Guest: I don't have a land line, but I can put the sim in the Xperia Mmichelleclive: if i call you on the xperia how can we perform the steps thenGuest: Do you what to try Skype?michelleclive: skype would be goodmichelleclive: *2767*3855#michelleclive: even i use an xperiamichelleclive: i am trying the reset on my xperia as wellmichelleclive: give me 2 mins heremichelleclive: try thismichelleclive: Press and hold the power button + volume up key for a couple of seconds. The device will vibrate once, you can release the power button, but maintain the volume key down for 10 more seconds. The phone will vibrate and then shutdown, indicating that the hard reset procedure is completed. Simply turn on your phone.michelleclive: any changesGuest: Not working, still lockedmichelleclive: okmichelleclive: i ma trying one more thing hereGuest: What's happening?michelleclive: ok got a bypassmichelleclive: do one thing on the enter pin screen do you see emergency calls at the bottommichelleclive: tap it and on the emergency dial pad enter this codemichelleclive: *#*#7378423#*#*michelleclive: once you neter the code let me know if you get a service menuGuest: Yes, it's only for eGuest: It's entered.michelleclive: do you get a service menuGuest: do i press the green button?michelleclive: yes press the green buttonGuest: Call not sentmichelleclive: okGuest: I get WI-FI, Bluetooth, Flashlight, Airplane mode and Auto rotatemichelleclive: if you swipe down do you get any more optionsGuest: nomichelleclive: tap emergency callsmichelleclive: then on dial pad enter this codemichelleclive: *2767*3855#michelleclive: do not press the green button after thatmichelleclive: let me know that once you have entered the code does it just stay there or opens a new screenGuest: Staysmichelleclive: ok just turn off the phone and let it stay off for 2-3 minsmichelleclive: after that we will try the reset sequence one more timemichelleclive: is the phone off?michelleclive: connect the phone using the usb cable to this computer but dont power on the phone.michelleclive: connec the phone to the computer and dont power on the phonemichelleclive: sir are you there.Guest: Do I need to switch off?michelleclive: the phone shoud be switched off while you connect it to the computerGuest: Switched off and reconnectedmichelleclive: yes pleaseGuest: Showed battery statusmichelleclive: dont turn on till i tell you.Guest: okmichelleclive: hold down the volume down or back button - This should start the repair or reformat processGuest: just the volumemichelleclive: yesGuest: for how longmichelleclive: as you press the volume down button for few seconds the reformat process should startGuest: okGuest: Nothing is happening on the screen.michelleclive: unplug the phone and wait for 30 secondsmichelleclive: as soon as you connect the phone press the volume down for few seconds make sure its not powered on.michelleclive: unpuggedmichelleclive: ?michelleclive: follow the steps nowGuest: Plugged inmichelleclive: press he vol down button for few seconds nowGuest: Donemichelleclive: anything up on the phone screenGuest: Just battery. Its turned offmichelleclive: now press and hold down the volume up key held it down and push the power hold both the buttons down as soon as you get 1 vibrate release only the power button and keep the vol down button for 20 seconds more.Guest: DoneGuest: It does three vibrates in quick succession.michelleclive: did you get a list of menu while you hold down the vol up keyGuest: Stayed offmichelleclive: didnt you press teh power button with the vol down keyGuest: Yes, I did.michelleclive: it didnt come up with sony on the screen?Guest: Shall I try to press the power button by itselfGuest: Are you there?michelleclive: Turn off your cell phone.Hard Reset SONY Xperia Z5Now press and hold Volume Down.Master Reset SONY Xperia ZLThen press and release Power button.michelleclive: keep trying this if it fails power off and wait for 2 to 3 mins and try again the vol up and power key together and release only the power button and keep the vol up button pressed and dont release it till 20 seconds you should get the menumichelleclive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUCCXJZJzvUmichelleclive: check the video and follow the steps