IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Re Lexmark X4850 inkjet printer. I have a problem in trying

Re Lexmark X4850 inkjet printer. I have a problem in trying to print a 22 page doc double sided. Printing stops at page 5. Have tried repeatedly restarting PC. Each time printer starts up from page 1 again but does not print beyond page 5. On advice of Lexmark's live chat service I powered off printer and held down power button for 10 seconds but to no avail. Tried removing program but could not because of printing still "in progress". Can you help? I now cannot print anything else because of "printing in progress status.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** restart your computer as well as printer (power it off and then power it back on). After that, create a simple text document with Notepad and print it. Let me know if it printed, or you still see the "Printing in progress" message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I powered off PC and printer as I have now done many times. As usual, printer started up automatically on re-starting PC to print 22 page doc, but only proceeded half way down first page. I created simple text doc on Word and attempted to print it but nothing happened. The Lexmark maintenance system is still showing printer busy.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
OK. I suggest re-installing the printer to fix the issue. Have you already tried that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to uninstall the Lexmark program with a view to downloading afresh but I got a message to the effect that I could not uninstall the program while printing was in progress.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I could assist you with the printer re-installation over a remote desktop session. Let me know if you would like that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer: http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=aac99920-c96a-477f-beaa-f06c8a38a15bClick the link and then click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Waiting for your computer to restart so that I can automatically reconnect...
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
After many attempts to solve the problem, the printer keeps stopping in the middle of printing. Neither re-installation nor printer reset helped. I have removed any pending print document, but the printer could stuck in the middle of printing again.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
It looks like a new printer is needed. I am sorry for the issue. In case you require any other assistance, let me know. Regards,IT Miro