IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

Window7 Keyboard +Mouse Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v8.0

Window7 Keyboard +Mouse Microsoft 2.4GHz Transceiver v8.0 (USB device) I have problems with my pointer, it behaves in a unpredictable, erratic manner. When dragging the scroll bar up or down, the pointer jumps back to its original position. The same happens
when using the mouse wheel. Some times it doesn't move at all. Listed in "Devices and Printers" are 2 entries of the same transceiver, both show "The device is working properly". Should I perhaps uninstall one of them? Frank Weber
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** you able to test your mouse on another computer to see how it will operate there? Such test could tell you where the problem is - with the computer or with the mouse itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro.
Unfortunately I don't have access to another computer to test the mouse. Could the mouse be defect or perhaps it is setup wrongly? I've noticed that problems occur when I move the wheel with my finger directly above it, but seem to disappear with my finger more to the right.
I have used the same setup before, but when it became damaged I bought the one I have now. Maybe this explains the two entries of the same Keyboard-Mouse setup. Could they interfere with each other?Frank Weber
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS: If nothing helps I would consider buying a new setup. Any suggestions about the best buy?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Testing the mouse on a different computer would tell you if the cause of the problem is with the mouse or with your computer. Since you don't have access to another computer to perform such test, let's assume the mouse is the problem. In that case, I can first suggest you to set up the mouse again. You will need to uninstall the mouse program from the computer so that it breaks the communication. After that, restart the computer. After the restart, install the mouse program using the installation disc. Let me know the results.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro,
I will try to re-install the program. There is no installation disc, you just load the batteries and plug the transceiver into an USB port. The computer will do the rest. I will do this tomorrow, but can you tell me how to uninstall the mouse program or both programs, since there are two listed?Regards
Frank Weber
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
You can go to the Control Panel and click on "Uninstall a program" or "Program and Features". It will then list all installed programs. Look for a program that corresponds for your mouse. It could be called "Microsoft Transceiver" or something else, so check all programs on the list. Once you have found the right one, right-click it and select Uninstall.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro,
I can't find anything related to mouse or keyboard under "Programs and Features", however in "Device Manager" I find
"Keyboards" (twice) and "Mice". When clicked on "Driver" both have the option of "Uninstall". If I uninstall both these items
will I be able to restart the computer since I now will have no mouse?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! If you cannot find anything related to mouse or keyboard under the list of installed programs (Programs and Features), then you can uninstall the drivers in the Device Manager. Once you do that, you will lose the control, so I suggest uninstalling the keyboard first, and then use the mouse to restart the computer.After the restart, uninstall the mouse drivers and then use the keyboard to restart the computer. You can press the Windows logo key on the keyboard and use the arrow keys to navigate through the menus, so select Restart. Windows 7 should automatically re-install both the keyboard and the mouse drivers after the restart. Make sure to have your computer connected to the Internet so that it can use Windows Update if needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ***** uninstalling the (2) keyboards from "Device Manager ", the re-start prompted 13 updates from Windows. The two keyboard entries in Device Manager have re-appeared, but in Programs and Features one of them has changed from
Microsoft 2.4 GHz Transceiver to Windows Wireless Transceiver. I have not yet uninstalled the mouse, should I do this now?
The performance seems to be slightly better.Regards
Frank
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, Frank! I suggest testing your keyboard and mouse for some time. In case you experience problems, you can then uninstall the mouse from Device Manager and Windows Wireless Transceiver from Control Panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Mire,
This is what I have done now: First uninstalled the two keyboards fro Device Manager and restored with the mouse. Then I uninstalled the mouse, also from Device Manager. I was not able to restart with Windows Logo, so I had to push the power button to turn off the computer. After powering it up again and testing the mouse action I find that it works fine in some windows but is still somewhat erratic in others. Anything else I can do?Regards
Frank Weber
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Frank! Both a keyboard and a mouse are "plug-and-play" devices, meaning no special drivers are needed for them to work. You may only need to set up pairing when it comes to wireless keyboards and/or mice. For that reason, uninstalling the drivers so that Windows can automatically re-install them is all you can do. If you have already done that, but the mouse still operates erratically, then it is possible that the problem is with the mouse itself. That is why I suggested you to test on another computer. Maybe you have a friend, neighbor or cousin that will allow you to test your mouse or their computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro,
I have decided to buy a new keyboard-mouse set. Do I have to uninstall the existing keyboard and mouse before installing the new set? Also, can you please explain how to restart the computer with the Windows logo.Regards
Frank Weber
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! When you change the keyboard and/or mouse, it is not mandatory to uninstall the previous drivers or any program associated with them since Windows will just stop using those drivers. However, since you won't be using them any more, you can uninstall "Windows Wireless Transceiver" from the Control Panel, just to remove it from the list and save some disk space. There are several ways of shutting down and restarting the computer. The easiest way would be to click on the Windows logo located in the bottom left corner and then click on a little arrow on the right side. You should then see several options, among them is "Restart" and "Shut down". Another way would be to click on your desktop background picture (not on any desktop icon, but on empty space on desktop) and then press the Alt and F4 keys at the same time. A new window will then appear asking you to select the desired option, so you can select "Restart" or "Shut down" and click OK.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi IT Miro,
I have now installed a new keyboard-mouse set and the problem has disappeared. Thank you for your help and advise.Frank Weber
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Frank!
Thanks for letting me know!
In case you require any other assistance, feel free to contact me again.
Regards,
IT Miro