Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I have a Thinkpad Tablet 10 and it will not boot up at all

I have a Thinkpad Tablet 10 and it will not boot up at all it is just a black screen - any ideas?
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.I am sorry to know that your tab 10 is not powering on.how old is the tab pc?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have only had it about a month
so its under warranty dont worry if we find that there is a hardware problem then you can get it replaced for free.
when you connect the charger does it show charging or do you see any led light.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesnt show it... but then it doesnt anyway when it is charging - there is no indication of it. However we have tested the charger and it definitely has power, although I cant try it in another computer because we dont have one the same.
you want to check the charger check the voltage rating must be 19 volts dc.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is..
check if the charger is good and it connects fine to another computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cant connect to another computer beacuse I dont have any here to check it with... but we have checked the power on it and it is fine
you mean the charger is fine?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes that is correct
does this model have a removable battery on the tab pc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No it doesnt.
unplug the ac adapter from the tab and then you push and hold down the power button on the tab for 40 seconds.
after you release the button try to connect the ac adapter and push and release the power button and let me know if it powers on or not.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes... it has done... sure wasnt doing that before though.. thanks I'll remember that trick for next time :)
did it power on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it has. MT
Thank you for rating my service.