Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I'm trying to open my laptop after installing Microsoft office

Customer Question

I'm trying to open my laptop after installing Microsoft office 2016 but it won't recognise my password
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Ma’am please provide the following details so that I can understand the issue you are facing more clearly1.Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp,Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other2.Are you using a windows live online password ***** a local offline account to login to windows ?Example for online account is***@******.*** and example for offline local account is OwnerSincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using Windows 10
I think the password ***** ***** Microsoft .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's only since I installed office that it's looking for a password to log on. I'm very frustrated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting on a reply.
Over half an hour
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.Did you change windows online password ***** installing or configuring office 2016?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Also is the laptop wi-fi on now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't think so. I just followed the instructions
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
If its windows online account you need the internet connectivity on the laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm very frustrated. I need to use my laptop
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am i am trying to help you.Does the user name to log on to windows 10 have @ and domain name on it.for example***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I think so.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am you need to identify whether its a online account then only we can proceed further.you can check that on the windows login screen and find out the user name that asks for the password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have Internet and wi-find connectivity on my laptop. Just can't understand why it's now asking for a password ***** log on when I didn't need it before I installed Microsoft Office 2016
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Ma'am i am not clear about the situation you are facing so i am opening this question to other experts so that they can try to help you.I apologize for the inconveniences.When another expert replies you will get a email notification and you can continue with that expert to fix this issue.Sincerely,John
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.What might have happened is when you installed Office the computer registered your Microsoft account and linked it to your Windows account.Have a look at the logon screen and tell me what it says where the username is, and the email directly under the username.Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin