Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

There My computer is a Mac Mini Dual Core 2 and is about

Customer Question

Hi There
My computer is a Mac Mini Dual Core 2 and is about 5 years old and is loaded with Snow Leopard 10,6.8. My browser is Mozilla Firefox, the latest edition and for emails I use Yahoo UK, the latest edition.
Lately every time I try and connect to Yahoo or Google etc via Mozilla Firefox and via my bookmarks, I get the message 'Server Not Found', and pressing 'Try Again' has no effect all all. If I'm lucky and get Google without the usual message and enter Yahoo UK Mail sometimes I can get onto Yahoo, but as soon as I press emails it reverts to 'Server....' I have contaced Mozilla Firefox and used their 'troubleshooting tips', but whatever I do, the situation simply doesn't improve.
I live in Spain where there is a very slow broadband speed of around 2.5, and I've had this speed for a number of years, and although slow it hasn'y hindered my internet connection. I tried to get an up-to-date speed for you and trying to access a test sight I get 'Server....'
Any suggestions, please.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
can you do the following in Firefox please
Click the menu button and then click help .
From the Help menu choose Troubleshooting Information. ...
Click the Reset Firefox… button in the upper-right corner of the Troubleshooting Information page.
To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens.
Once done, use some web pages and tell me how they now operate please.
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.