Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

Kindle Version 4 (not touch screen). I have lost the Wi-Fi

Kindle Version 4 (not touch screen). I have lost the Wi-Fi connection, although Wi-Fi is working perfectly well with another Paperwhite model in the house.
Under Settings no Wi-Fi connections are shown as available but although invited to enter the Password ***** WPS from my Wi-Fi, the keyboard is not available on the Kindle, under Settings. Help?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi, If you have a leathercase on your Kindle; Please remove it before performing the steps below.Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30seconds until the Kindle restartsIf that does notwork, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue totroubleshoot.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already carried out that action twice (as recommended on the Amazon web-page and the Kindle has restated each time. However, that does not link the Kindle to a Wi-Fi signal.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Have you performed a factory reset?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh - Yes - twice. The issue seems to be with 'Wi-Fi Networks, under 'Settings@. I am invited to enter my Wi-Fi password ***** which I know - or the WPS - which I know but I cannot make the keyboard available. ?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
A factory reset is different from the steps that I have given you above -- Did you perform a factory reset or a basic reset that was given above?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh - I performed 'Reset to Factory Defaults - is that a 'factory reset' in different words?
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is what I am referring to. If the keyboard still does not appear after that option, it is possible that you have hardware failure. How old is the Kindle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh - Cannot really remember - about 6-years?. Its Version 4, before the touchscreen version was available. My wife likes the 'manual' element, which is why I am trying to revive it.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
If the above steps did not work then there is a hardware issue with your Kindle.Since you are outside of the warranty period (1 year warranty) Kindle will probably not issue a replacement but they normally give great discounts for a current Amazon customer to upgrade to the Kindle Fire.In SOME cases they will grant the 1year warranty for a customer and give you a replacement. That is completely up to Amazon and is on a case to case basis that I have no control over.Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh - thanks for that I will phone as suggested but I cannot do that tonight. However, I will rate your response and ensure that you have payment . Thanks
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thank you in advance for the rating! Have a great night! -- The rating can be found at the top or bottom of the page. Use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Josh,Thanks but no thanks!The telephone number which you suggested, for contacting Amazon/Kindle was unobtainable.I then interrogated the Amazon web-site further under ‘help’ and finished up talking to their technicians in The Philippines, who very quickly restored my Wi-Fi signal at ‘no charge’; can’t do better than that!