Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Numer 24750467 I hve a email from Norton Technical Support

Customer Question

numer 24750467 I hve a email from Norton Technical Support regarding the installation of my subscription. I spent a long time yestgerday 2 hours to be precise. Your emailo suggests I can get in touch with one of your wonderful technical chaps who will install the new subsciption . I have already paid the fee. I have tried to use my Ipad this morning but it seays it is not possible to operate the systgem because I need another device. I have no idea what the chap means by this. I warn you I am not computer literate.........dumb is the word. Pauline G
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First Pauline, not being computer literate does not mean dumb.
Are you trying to use Norton on your computer or another device?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all I waant is to haved my subscription downloaded nothing new. I only use the computer perhaps once a moth.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***. Telephone ***********
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats your Email and telephone number...
I need you please to do the instructions I gave you which I repeated below
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***. Telephone *********** Is this the information you require?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already sent you my contact information.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can I ask please that you actually read and do the instructions I am giving you?
I will again repeat, I need you please to pay attention to the instructions.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard I am completely lost. Has my download been completed. I thi
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, once you have downloaded the file, then please RUN it to install the program
Then give me the ID and Password ***** I can connect please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought all I had to do was to sit back and watch you do the brainy bit. I am in a computer haze. I hate computers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You do not even acknowledge my plea
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, please understand if someone could just take over your computer as you envision it then no computer would be safe, think of what anyone could do to your computer.
Thats why you have to just take the effort to once do the instructions so I can connect and THEN you can sit back and allow me to install Norton for you.