Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Music from itunes is on my iphone 6s but will only play via

Customer Question

Music from itunes is on my iphone 6s but will only play via wifi. Can't get the songs to download onto my phone which is what I want.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Where exactly is the music coming from? An App? your own music from iTunes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
itunes on my pc
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
In every song or playlist on Apple Music there is a three dot symbol which give you options like "Play next" or "Add to playlist" etc. There is one option that says "Make available offline". Just press that for every song, or you can also do an entire playlist's worth too and it will download the songs so you can listen to it without wifi.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i've seen that option but it then asks you to turn on mobile data playback in music in the settings app. Won't that cost me money?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then its a mix of offline and online you have.
Do this to get it all local
disconnect from Wifi (both computer and you iPhone). connect your phone with computer and click on "Music", uncheck "sync music " and remove all your songs from iPhone. Once done then "sync Music" again.
It will all then be stored locally
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
where do i find music to uncheck, on my pc?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
within iTunes please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i'm not seeing how to do this
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, in iTunes, you click on Music, then you unsynch so it stops synching it with the phone.
Then remove the songs on the iPhone.
Then sync your music again
As you first disconnect the computer from internet and the iPhone it will then synch it locally, so it wont need internet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i dont think i've got this option because its saying about icloud music library etc.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, then you have the music in your iCLoud and technically in iTunes
Also makes sense about the mobile data
Choose the option to play offline, it will only use virtually none of the mobile data as a quick check to make sure you do have the music on the iCloud, but the music (ONCE YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY OFFLINE) is on the phone, its not downloading over the mobile data.
It is ok to do it like this, it is not using really any data.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, i'll try and check data use.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks, ***** ***** its in the icloud you have to do it this way.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.