Michelle
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors
26798893

I recently changed my broadband and home phone supplier, there

I recently changed my broadband and home phone supplier, there were a few problems with the setting up but were resolved except that my Samsung 3 Tablet fails to sign in. Should it have picked up the signals from my new router or laptop.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.As its a new router the setting has to be scanned and then enter the new router password ***** the tab to get back to the internet.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Go to Apps through Home screen.Scroll to Settings, then tap on it.Make sure the Wi-Fi on your phone has been activated. When the slider next to the Wi-Fi option shows green indicates that it has been turned on.Here a list of Wi-Fi networks are available will be displayed on your phone screen.Tap the required network.Follow the instructions that appear on your phone screen then select the security settings if required.If the Wi-Fi network that you choose asks for a password, then enter the password.Tap Connect button.Tap Home button to return to the Home screen.Finish. Now your phone is connected to a selected Wi-Fi network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried putting the router password ***** but it doesn't accept it and also the WiFi same thing,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can type the message but it won't go further than the outbox.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should the password ***** the same as for the laptop?
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
if you are chatting me from the computer which is connected to the new router then i can remote access and pull the router password ***** you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
the password ***** be the same as the laptop is connected.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please do the remote access
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Remote connect click here
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Agree to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer below.The Remote Desktop client file will automatically download to your computer.Open the Remote Desktop client file on your computer and you will be connected to a session with your Expert.After agreeing to the Remote Desktop Legal Disclaimer, you can always download the client again if need be.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
michelleclive: Himichelleclive: this is Michellemichelleclive: i will tak the mouse control now and will pull the router password ***** you.michelleclive: please dont move the mousemichelleclive: 7debc4fdcbmichelleclive: this is the password ***** your routermichelleclive: i have saved it on a notepad on your desktop screen.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
michelleclive: 7debc4fdcb
michelleclive: this is the password ***** your router
michelleclive: i have saved it on a notepad on your desktop screen.
michelleclive: Please try it on your samsung tab to connect
michelleclive: did you try to connect?
michelleclive: reply me on this screen
michelleclive: your new router password *****
michelleclive: 7debc4fdcb
Guest: Type here a message on my tabletis asking for a new server password, I have tried the router password ***** I have it on a card also the WiFi password ***** I tried.
michelleclive: rescan wifi on your tab and select the correct ssid means router name and then enter the password ***** gave
michelleclive: password ***** ***** sensitive you have to make sure you are entering the correct password ***** lower case alphabets.
michelleclive: ssid i think is PLUSNET-
Guest: I have done everthing you said, but still the same, a message has just come up on tablet screen "server password ***** been changed, input changed password ***** I haven't a clue how to find the server password, I am a hopeless techie!
michelleclive: let me walk you through on your tab
michelleclive: press the home screen and select settings
michelleclive: let me know once you are there
Guest: DONE THAT plusnet-crfk37 shows connected
michelleclive: shows connected that means you will be able to connect fine now to the internet
michelleclive: open the browser and try to open yahoo or google on the samsung tab
Guest: Tablet still saying sign in failed
michelleclive: sign in failed is not a connection problem sign in must be attempting to connect to your email
michelleclive: open the browser and ty to open yahoo on it
michelleclive: do you have any other app like whatsapp or skype installed on the tablet.
michelleclive: try them if they are working or not
Guest: Yahoo not shown on apps on tablet
Guest: Just tried google and a company I deal with all ok so it is just emails
michelleclive: that is correct your tablet is connected to the internet however the error which you are gettig is your email sign in error.
michelleclive: you have to enter the correct password ***** your email and you will not get any server error,.
Guest: I don't know what it is, how do I find it or how do I change it for a new one please.
michelleclive: if you have any data on the tab save it i will reset the tab to factory defaults then,
Guest: ok go ahead.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
Back up all data on the internal memory. See: Backup & restore: Samsung Galaxy Tab 3
Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
From any Home screen, tap Apps.
Tap Settings.
Tap Backup and reset.
Tap to clear the Automatic restore check box, if necessary.
Note: You must disable ‘Automatic restore’ before you disable ‘Back up my data.’
Tap to clear the Back up my data check box, if necessary.
Tap OK, if necessary.
Tap Factory data reset.
Tap Reset device.
Tap Erase everything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michelle I am totally lost now, I can't back up on table as a request comes up for a password, I have tried every password ***** know but can't get past this stage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I shall have to end this although I still can't get on to emails on tablet.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
Go to Settings > Personal > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All. Alternatively, you can type in *2767*3855# ***** the key pad and that will do the same thing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the second window which is a photo it asks for a password ***** put in the code you gave me but it wouldn't accept it.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
is this a phone calling tablet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
try the belowGo to Settings > Personal > Back Up and Reset > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device > Delete All.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right, done all that, tablet is devoid of all data.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
now all you have to do is restart the tablet and try to connect to the wireless network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This will be a mammoth task, I'll get my husband to do it, I will be able to put a new password ***** won't I.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
yes you can its like a new tablet now you can enter what every you want.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
I hope I've provided the information you were seeking. If you have any question feel free to ask. Please provide a rating by clicking on the smiley face below or stars on top right of the page and hit submit. Please don't rate negatively Instead reply me so that i can continue to help you answer you question further. Thank you.
Expert:  Michelle replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have any question.
Michelle, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: B.Sc. Computer Science with Honors