Randy Computer Tech
Randy Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer specialist
62741268

My sister has a hotmail problem - just bought a new phone but

my sister has a hotmail problem - just bought a new phone but cannot remember the password ***** answer to the secret question and has no alternate email how can she get the password ***** put in her new phone please
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this. I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.What is the name of the hotmail account please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its not mine its my sisters im just trying to help her it is***@******.***
she filled in the forgotten password ***** but couldnt remember some answers so cant get back into it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she gave my email as alternative as she doesnt have on which is***@******.*** so i got the code for her but without the secret answer hopeless case ! she sent email addresses and subjects and they turned her down!
okay, thank you. Give me a few moments to check on this for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Randy
Do you know what she might have used for the security questions like the Name of first pet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes she used that one but when she types in the answer it says wrong - all i can tell you is it was 5 letters long
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
luckily she has her email set up from ages ago on her ipad so thats how shes getting them but its not ideal when they can be on her phone !
okay, tell her to try this on her iPad please>Open the Settings app and head to “Safari”Under the General section, choose “Passwords & Autofill”Scroll down and tap on “Saved Passwords”, this will bring up a screen showing all website URL’s with a password ***** that you can see and recoverTap on any shown website, then enter the device passcode to unlock and view the saved passwordWhen finished, exit out of Settings as usual
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok two mins please
no problem, take your time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
passwords and auto fill are 2 seperate headings ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no saved passwords in either Randy
okay, tap on autofill and then check to see if the names and passwords option is on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is in autofill
okay, if she has signed in while on the web on the ipad it will be in the passwords list. When she taps on the passwords, is the password ***** blank?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes it is blank
okay, she can also try this on the iPad. Go to the Hotmail account.Under Security setings, choose Add security info.Follow the instructions tell her to enter your email or phone number, then press Next.We’ll send a security code to that new email or phone number. Enter that security code, and press Next again. Your new security info will appear in your list.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i think she just put it into her settings on mail when she originally got the ipad so there would have been no need to sign in ..... also ive done that Randy and she filled in info on the form with email addresses etc and submitted it to hotmail and they replied to say that they could not verify that the account was hers - thats why we are stuck !
okay, there is only one option available. I submitted a support ticket to the Moderators at Microsoft. They are going to contact her on her email on the ipad with the available solutions for this.Your support ticket number:(###) ###-####or reference, please print this page or write down your support ticket number. Use this number when communicating with Support about this issue.Please ensure that you can receive e-mail messages from @css.one.microsoft.com. Check your Junk mail and Spam filters if you do not receive a reply.A support representative will respond to your request within 24 hours by sending email to***@******.***.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Under settings or on safari?
it is user settings on the hotmail, but if she is using the ipad default mail program that option will not be available. It is only available on the Outlook/Hotmail app.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then click on submit.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she cant get to the hotmail security settings its on the ipad - mail, contacts, calendars which when selected takes you to accounts and if you select the hotmail account she cannot see the password ***** dotted out
okay, the Microsoft Moderator Support ticket will be the only option. I believe it will work since she has the account open and available on the iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok have to try that thanks
your welcome!
Experience: Computer specialist