Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My Apple Mac computer freezes after I have put in my start

Customer Question

My Apple Mac computer freezes after I have put in my start up pass word. The loading line sticks half way and then the arrow migrates to the top of the left hand corner and freezes please help . I have switched kit on and off several times to reboot but the same problem continues. Thank you. A H
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Power off the mac
Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.
Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window
choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.
Click the First Aid tab.
Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").
Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi thereI work online here Anna, but let me know if you get stuck with my instructions please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am stuck, it just keeps reverting to verifying disc. It appears that a disc I was using can not be changed and if I could eject it this could be the issue. Thanks Anna
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
So it will not actually complete the verifying of the disk Anna?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not finish it when I ask it to verify the disk
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you power off the Mac please.
Then hold down the SHIFT key and with it held down, power on the Mac.
Keep Shift held until it loads to the sign in screen and tell me if you can get to this please