Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My computer before shutting down did some automatic updates

Customer Question

my computer before shutting down did some automatic updates (34) at night before closing down -next morning when i tried starting the screen started flickering/ blinking and wouldn't start -I have tried turning it on safe mode and everything I could think of- in f12 i managed to ask it to re-load default settings and carry out automatic repairs now it won't get past asking to start in safe mode and when i ask it to start in any mode the computer just stops at the legend " starting services" and does not get past there just gets stuck there- I have a Packard bell all in one i5 machine with windows 7
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com I think maybe the update may have injured/corrupted your system files and now you need to REPAIR your windows system files.Using the Windows INSTALL disc, you want to BOOT from it. and use the repair/reinstall feature