Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Can I buy a new motherboard Samsung R700 laptop and

Can I buy a new motherboard for my Samsung R700 laptop and install it myself.
I'm good with building desktop PC's. i need to run old software in 32-bit with 16-bit modules. Will not be used on internet so can operate still with old XP
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Yes you can, it needs to be the motherboard for this model and whilst they are hard to locate, I found one here
http://www.laptopcpufan.co.uk/laptop-motherboard-for-samsung-r700-motherboard.html
On the site you see 3 prices but this is a typo as the prices all come to £ 190.89 so click the first Buy Now button.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. I have looked at the item on the site and it appear to be what I want. Will I be able to use the old Hard drive without losing anything. Will the motherboard blowing likely to have spoilt anything else like RAM or screen. Lastly would you advise replacing anything else with the new board.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, you can use all the components with the new hard drive.
The motherboard blowing would likely not effect the RAM or Screen, but you will only know this once replacing the motherboard.
I would not replace anything else, once you put the new motherboard in place, it should all then work, as its the exact same component.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. If I have problems I will talk on the phone. It may take a few days for the part to arrive.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No problem, let me know if you need anything and as I answered can I ask please you now rate my service. I have marked the question to remain open so any issues later on please let me know but please do the rating before leaving here today.