Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

I have just upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 version

Customer Question

I have just upgraded my Laptop to Windows 10 version 1511.
Now my Samsung Update after starting the computer opens immediately and than asks me: The system must be restarted to complete the software installation. Restart now?
Note: sent this message earlier but had to switch from desk to laptop again.
regards
Jan
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jan, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. And when you restart the computer, is it going through the same loop?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's exactly what happens
My Samsung Update application after starting the computer opens immediately and than asks me: The system must be restarted to complete the software installation. Restart now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. What are your options there besides restarting the computer? Is there a close button that you can use to exit the error message and continue using Windows 10?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I can deny the restart and continue operating my computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
However, I cannot use the "Samsung Upgrade" application.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information. When you deny the restart, are you able to use your new Windows 10 normally besides the Samsung Upgrade?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, the Windows 10 upgrade works normal.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that confirmation.Are you using the problem computer now? Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The remote access is OK, but to talk on the phone not because currently I am I South Korea and that makes it not so easy.regards
Jan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jan,Thank you for your permission to do remote access. I will now send the formal additional service offer of remote access. Please accept it so that I can create our remote session. After accepting it, you will then receive the procedures to join me in the remote session.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Jan for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2bd22f86-70ba-41b9-bbf7-cbb8b18c5c1c2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe could not be downloaded it mentions -might have been moved or deleted.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it could be your antivirus software that prevented its download. Please give it another try. Here is the link again:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=2bd22f86-70ba-41b9-bbf7-cbb8b18c5c1cIf you are prompted to run, click on RUN. Otherwise, save it then run after saving by double clicking on the downloaded file.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is also NOT possible to save the file. Tried many times but downloading fails.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe I turn off my Virus scanner which is "Panda Global protection 2016"
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, please try to temporarily turn off or disable the security software and try downloading the tool again. After downloading it, run the tool to join me in the remote session which is already running.Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. The issue was resolved through remote help. Your Samsung Update software is now working.
Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess