Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Connecting Freetalk headphones and mic

connecting Freetalk headphones and mic
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the exact model your using and what you are trying to connect it to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not sure of model. Its the one with two ear phones and mic
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, and what are you trying to connect it to? Your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying to connect to a Samsung Vista
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need your patience 73 years old, not up to speed with computers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and no problem.
Are the headphones wireless or have a cable coming from them?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please don't take offence to my reluctance to give you control. I would much prefer your guidance
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is no problem at all!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cable
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
with a ( is it a doddle?)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Perfect.
There will be two plugs from it. One of the plugs you will plug into the microphone port on your computer. This will either have a picture of a microphone on it or be pink. The other plug you plug into the headphone port of your computer which will either have a picture of headphones on it or be green.
To test you have it correctly done, click start, type in sound and click on Sound recorder.
Then record your voice there by speaking into the microphone to see if you for the connections correct.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The cable is not the type you just discribe. One end plugs into the phone the other into the doddle which then plugs into the USB port
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have them plug in. Shall I go ahead with the test?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, thats why I asked for the model of the headset as they have a lot of different ones.
If you have the USB connection, plug it in and then do the test please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK testing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
success. thankyou
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will do and thanks again