Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I have installed Windows 10 on my laptop and it is now not

Customer Question

I have installed Windows 10 on my laptop and it is now not working. I just have a black screen?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.I am very sorry that this has happened to you, it is VERY frustrating and annoying. Unfortunately, if you have a BLACK screen, your system did not BOOT properly, and needs some help.Try booting into SAFE MODE?and from there see if the EVENT VIEWER shows any errors during the boot sequence.BUTMy Hunch here is that WIN10 just wont run on this laptop......or atleast that is my hunch. Some OLDER machines, even though they SAY they will work, just DONT.
What is the make and model of the laptop please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a Samsung NP350VSC-A02UK
OKay, thank you.....do you get ANYTHING on the screen at all when you power it on...even if its just for a brief moment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the cursor
There could be so many different things that could cause this, its kinda crazy..Is this an OLDER laptop? When was it purchased BRAND NEW....what year?.Did the PREVIOUS operating system (windows 7, or windows 8) work just fine? Or was it too having problems?.Did you UPGRADE to Windows10, or did you do a CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 10? DO you know the difference?.Can you boot into the recovery console? Pressing the F4 key (repeatedly) just after you power on the laptop, should take you to the SAMSUNG RECOVERY SOLUTION CONSOLE.