Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

No signal to my monitor. It is connected. No hard disk indicator

No signal to my monitor. It is connected. No hard disk indicator light on. Over the last week has taken very long time to start up, but will not connect at all now. All connection checked
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dave, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the make and model of your desktop computer?Also, when you turn ON the computer, so you normally hear a short single beep? Or just nothing?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess,
It is a Lenovo series 5. No beep when I turn it on just a whirling sound. Hard drive indicator light come on for a few moments then goes out.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. I believe this is a hardware issue. This can be your RAM, your motherboard, or the video card.Is this PC using a built-in video or an external video card?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, I was asking if this computer has a built-in graphics card or an external card. Please look at where you plug the monitor to the computer. Is the video slot attached directly to the motherboard? Or is it a card inserted into the motherboard that provides you a video port?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, know very little about computers. This has had nothing attached to it other than a printer so I assume the graphics card is built in.
Dave
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Can you please tell me the exact model of your Lenovo computer so that I can check its specification? The model code be in a sticker.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lenovo H520e machine type 10159
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that information. I believe this PC has a built-in video card.The condition of your computer is described as a "frozen" system. This can be an problem with the motherboard, memory or RAM. So we need to troubleshoot these components.Can you open the computer case and check the RAM there? If you are comfortable opening the computer case, all you need to do are the following:Turn off the computerUnplug it from the power sourceOpen the computer case. Please not that if it is still covered with warranty, please do not proceed since opening the computer case can break warranty seals that voids your warranty. But if it already out of warranty, then you may proceed.When the case is open, please locate the memory or RAM sticks installed in the motherboardEject the memory sticksUse a pencil eraser to wipe the golden or metallic pins of the memory sticks to clean themAfter doing that, please insert the memory sticks again then close the computer case and test if the problem is resolved.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer