Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I brought a kindle in england but i used my husbands french

hi i brought a kindle in england but i used my husbands french email adress now my kindle will not let me download books from amazon uk it tells me to use amazon fr when i try and change countries it still tells me to you amazon france how can i change it to amazon . c.uk
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Do you have an Amazon account based on a UKemail address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.You'll first need to deregister the Kindle. Log in to the Amazon account that uses the French email address from your PC.In the Digital Content section select Your Apps and Devices.On the left select Your Devices. You'll see your Kindle listed.Click the Actions button and select Manage your Content and Devices.On the next page click the Your Devices tab.Select your Kindle, click the Device Actions button and select Deregister.Once the Kindle has been deregistered on Amazon, open up the Kindle, connect it to your wirelessand register it with your UK Amazon account.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
n
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i removed the download from my computer as a way of trying to fix it
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Were you able to log in to the French Amazon account and deregister the device?What model Kindle is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no i just removed the kindle app from my computer before i tried anything else
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Uninstalling the Kindle app only removes the program from your computer.You need to login to the Amazon account the device is attached to and deregister it.What model Kindle is this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the basic one wifi 4GB touch screen
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is telling me that it is registered to amazon.co.uk
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to do this on the Kindle: From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.Tap Registration.In the Deregister Your Kindle message, tap Deregister.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is no home option there
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Is there a model number on the back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could be 0700 or eac or r-nz
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its okay it is under setting that you change your country have done that and it is now working fine.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as i found the answer i am only willing to pay £10
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Certainly. I will arrange for that. Please take a moment before leavingto rate the service using the stars at the top of the page and I'lltake care of the rest.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bryon helped me to find the answer for my self. He was very helpful as he did not have much information to work from. would use the service again.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Please take a moment to rate using the stars at the top of the page.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I just got a message from JustAnswer regarding your request. They are requiring a communication from the customer. Please send an email to
***@******.***
Include the question link in the body of the email
http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/9ew7a-brought-kindle-england-used-husbands-french.html
along with an explanation and Customer Service will take care of it.