IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My acer aspire z5101 had been in standby mode few days.

My acer aspire z5101 had been in standby mode for a few days. Today when I click on a user profile to log in it won't bring up the window to enter my password ***** just defaults back to the select user screen. I've tried shutting down, restarting but can't progress. Any ideas please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** tell me if Windows 7 is installed on your Acer computer or another version. Also, do you have only 1 user profile created or several? Let me know,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 7. Have 3 user profiles. Same thing happens with all three!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information! To solve the problem, you will need to access one of the Windows 7 repair options. Here is how to do that:First, restart your computer and then keep pressing the F8 key rapidly until you see the Advanced Boot Options menu.Once you see that menu, select the Repair Your Computer option and press Enter. Wait for a while and follow the on-screen instructions. You should get to the window that has several repair options. You can use System Restore to restore your Windows and program settings to an earlier point in time, when all worked fine. Click on System Restore to start it. Follow the on-screen instructions where you can choose one restore point based on a date. Select the one when you know all worked fine, for example several days ago. Wait for the process to finish and it will automatically restart the computer. Hopefully, the problem will be gone. Don't worry about your personal files as they won't be affected by System Restore.I hope this helps! If not, let me know and I will check further options.Regards,IT Miro
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Every time I try system restore it gives me an error just as it says finished. Error says unspecified error occurred during system restore. 0x8000ffff. The only one that goes all the way and completes is the most recent and I still have the same problem.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to see the problem remained. Please follow the instructions again, but instead of clicking on System Restore, click on Startup Repair. It should detect all known startup errors and repair them. When done, the computer will restart. See if you can sign in now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am now logged in! And despite the system restore error message it has actually restored to an earlier date.
Many thanks!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.
I am very glad it worked! For any other issue, feel free to contact me again. Regards,IT Miro