Jerry Hannell
Jerry Hannell, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Experience in Windows environment. ASP, Visual Basic, Ajax
14934061

My son has just purchased mortal kombat , when he

Customer Question

My son has just purchased mortal kombat for pc, when he tries to install, the message comes up saying "steam has to be online to update confirm network and try again "
I tried in on my computer and getting the same message, both computers are connected to internet via BT home hub QF28 any ideas
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jerry Hannell replied 1 year ago.
Hello sir/madam, I would like to help you, please let me know when you are ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Jerry,

I am not computer literate at all so bear with me, the game is for my sons computer, I don't have access to you via that computer, can I do anything

can you download this file on your son's computer:http://www.mediafire.com/download/z4cbrcem29f8vpc/Steam.zip
it is a 195MB file
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have downloaded media fire on sons computer

now can you extract it, it is a zip file (unzip files to desktop)
you will need to right click on steam icon on desktop and select properties and find folder, open the original steam folder, and replace all the old files with the new files (you just downloaded)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry don't have a clue, have tried all that, with no luck, I am not computer literate at all. you can remotely install on my computer for now and I can try and find someone who can help with my sons

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Jerry I have logged into just answer on my sons computer, can you access me on that

yes
can you please click the link below and run it. It will give you an ID and a password. Please tell me the ID and the password ***** I can connect to your desktop and fix the problem remotely.link: http://tiny.cc/z5lvcx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i

d###-##-####pass 8551

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ID 215 451 520 PASS 8551