Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I keep going round in circles trying to reset my 1&1 password

Customer Question

Hi, I keep going round in circles trying to reset my 1&1 password ***** their control panel. Trouble is I have now switched to gmail and the other day I had cause to reset all my Gmail settings, so the bookmark and all reference to 1&1 Webmail disappeared. I Use Webmail to glance at all the spam sent to my 1&1 account then delete it, but here are a couple of things on it I want. I am reluctant to give 1&1 my new Email address because I do without all that spam. Any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.Okay, i think i know what you want, but you have to help me understand completely..What I Understand to be correct.1- You have a 1&1 account.2- YOu have a WebMail account3- YOu have a Gmail account.My Questions to you:1- You LOST the weblinks and the auto-login features for the WEBMAIL account?2- You had the 1&1 account setup to send notification (spam) emails to the WebMail account?3- YOu want to use the Gmail account to receive emails from 1&1, but you are afraid you will be nucensed by all the SPAM email 1&1 sends out?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hallo, bang on, but just one addition: I used Outlook to gain access to my Emails, but it started to play up, it would not send/receive, Ii put it down to spam clogging the system, and because I was desperate to separate all this spam from work-related Emails I decided to start using gmail for my work. As I said I just used Webmail to see if there was anything worthwhile in the other account occasionally, then delete spam at around 5,000 Emails at a time! Many thanks, Roger
Roger, i am not sure where to even start with you..I am NOT sure WHERE the problem actually is.....or if you are just thinking that the emails programs do things that they normally dont do..In any case, we need to FOCUS on 1 issue at a time. Do you want to focus on the gmail, the webmail, or the outllook?.The way you have described the issue, i have a hard time understanding, especially the SLANG words you are using. Like "started to play up"? What does that mean?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I got to you this way. Why I changed to gmail, which is working perfectly for my professional requirements incidentally, is that Outlook was "playing up", i.e. I could not receive or send Emails or both sporadically, i.e. it kept slipping in and out of operation and I could not rely on it. In addition, far too much spam was getting into my Emails despite the use of a spam filter. All I need is to retrieve my 1&1 password, or reset my password, so that I can just access those Emails through Webmail to make sure nothing I actually need, for instance I forgot to notify Paypal of my change of Email address and important messages from them may be lurking in there.
Many thanks for your continued attention. Roiger
Alrighty, so all you need is to RESET your 1&1 password ***** the email account you have with them, so you can check the emails using the webmail portal, instead of using outlook to access the same email account, because outlook isnt working..Okay, so....have you tried the FORGOT password ***** on 1&1 to try to reset or recover the password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am glad I found this space to communicate with you, I kept on getting No data received so I didn't see all of your messages.
The BIG problem with 1&1 is that you need your old password ***** order to change to a new password. I am going to have to phone them to see how I can get round that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I lost my old password ***** it is vital I have a new password ***** retrieve my old one in order to make progress on this.