Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have just purchased a Lenovo TAB A10-70 .... reason

Customer Question

I have just purchased a Lenovo TAB A10-70 .... for some reason this will not connect to Wi-Fi, my Wi-Fi system itself is working OK and connecting to other smartphone and android devices!! When I switch the tablet on a padlock symbol appears and I have no knowledge of a password ***** to unlock the unit!! It seems that Lenovo have no interest in human contact preferring to run one about via so called help items which are of no help at all; hence my plea to you!! if you are able to help me get this thing up and running as it should I will be most grateful. many thanks, ***** *****
John
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
So to confirm, the problem is you do not know your wifi password ***** it keeps rejecting this, so your not able to connect.
Is this the case? Please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard,
Thanks for your swift response, the tablet is accepting my WI-FI code/pin for SKY (my broadband provider) but it too has a 'padlock' beside it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, the Padlock means it is locked with a password, this is normal.
So it accepts the password, then what happens?
I have made the request for the phone call if you want me to call you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Richard I cannot pay any further money, this item is brand new; purchased on Saturday ............ when I attempt i.e touch the connect icon and then try internet access, I am informed 'unable to load page'!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thats no problem, we continue here, I only offered it as you requested the call.
But to confirm, it does show you as connected to wifi correct?
After you enter in the password ***** connect
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I am afraid it doesn't Richard, the padlock remains beside the WI-FI icon on the bar.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, so when you press the network to connect and it asks for the password, you enter it in, what then exactly happens?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As above Richard, the padlock does not open.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The padlock will never open...
I think you mis understood my last message, I need to know please when you press the network to connect and it asks for the password, you enter it in, what then exactly happens?
Do you get a message? and error? What does it say below your network? Connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, it actually says, connected and saved but in reality it is not;and will not connect to the internet.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
iin fact it says 'saved, secured withWPA2???
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok thanks.
Now remove the power to your wifi router and power off the Tablet by holding the power button then press Power Off.
Wait 5 minutes, then power on the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, turn on the Tablet and tell me if internet now functions please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Richard, the internet set up is fine, my router shows internet conection OK and wireless icon is lit up as usual, my phone and other tablet connect to the internet via WI-FI ok too. However on start up the levono shows a flashing padlock which appears (to me) to be unlockable I have never entered a password ***** open the tablet ........
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, sorry it was not clear but did you do the instructions I just gave you?
This we need to do even if it gives internet ok to other devices.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes indeed commenced your instructions at 11.32.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The information is fro the time I reconnected etc, just as you asked.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
We will need to do a reset of the Tablet. This will remove all data from it and return it to new, but we have to do this.
To do the reset, go to Settings, Backup and Reset and choose Factory Reset.
Let this complete and then follow the setup procedure on the Tablet which includes connecting it to the wifi network.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rich ard please understand, I switched off internet and tablet and waited the 5 minute intervals as requested.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
yes, I saw you did that and thank you, ***** ***** why we are proceeding to the next step, which I repeated below.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My apologies Richard I have done the reset as asked.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
its ok, so you did the factory reset? The Tablet has been returned to new?
If so, then set it up again and tell me how you go please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It may be as it seems to be reloading, just displaying the logo at present.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
thanks, ***** ***** it up when its loaded.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow, it is up and running perfectly Richard, thank you for your patience and expert help.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Your most welcome! Was a pleasure working with you
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you, ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.