Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My lenovo tablet has started showing internal error mails

Customer Question

my lenovo tablet has started showing internal error for e mails please advise we have two tablets one showed yesterday and the other has not shown e mails since August e mails fine on desk tp computers
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please which email program you are using?
Which version of windows?
And the exact error you receive please?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
imap - e mails cannot be received and not linked to windows on either tablet
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I think you missed the reset of my questions, no problem I will repeat
Which version of windows?
And the exact error you receive please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
imap -no windows emails cannot be received on either tablet one since yesterday the other since August
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, imap is a email protocol, its not an email program.
I need to know the actual email program you are using please as well as the exact error message.
I am not being difficult, its just critical information for starting to fix this problem.
Thanks,
Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we will need to link to tablet
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, please do these instructions on the problem tablet
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does not want to download
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
what is the error you get when you try to download it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
nothing happens
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks to be a number of issues on it
Can you please tell me the exact model of the tablet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will check page has come up with various apps androd etc but no numbers only scan code
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, looks to be part of the initial issue you have
We will do this another way
Which email service is this for? eg: Hotmail, yahoo, Gmail?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
bt
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Download the free app K9 Mail
Open it and add your BT account within this app.
Tell me if you can then add it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
where is it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Where is what sorry? The App? It is in the Play Store, where you will get all your apps from.
You can click on the magnifying glass to search for K9 Mail
Let me know how you go please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have loaded into blue mail i have emails it says offline sync is set to seven days modify what should i do now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thats normal, it means it stores those emails on the actual device.
Try to now send and receive emails.
It is working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sent on to myself and received it so hopefully okay grotty layout but better than nothing thanks for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome
I marked the question to never close, so if any issues occur, just let me know here please.