Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I cannot connect my Kindle Fire to my usual WiFi. My laptop

Customer Question

I cannot connect my Kindle Fire to my usual WiFi. My laptop and tv are fine but my Kindle says authentication problem.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Was it working previously? When did this issue first occur? Or is this a new Kindle Fire? Or new Hub modem,etc.?Did BT try anything? What did they say?What is the model of your Internet Hub?Do you know how to check / confirm your Wi-Fi/wireless password/key (it is case-sensitive)?Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Also, can you press and hold the Power on/off button on the Kindle Fire tablet for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on, then go to the Wi-Fi / wireless option on it, then tap on your network name, then tap on the Forget option if shown, then tap on your network name and connect, then it should ask for password, then enter your exact wi-fi/wireless password (it is case-sensitive), and apply, then let me know what happens. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Also, to confirm your Wi-Fi/wireless password/key, please try the following on your laptop:- Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.(Or click on Start, Control Panel, Network and Internet, Network and Sharing Center.)Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.Then click your wireless network name. Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.Then click on the Security tab.Then select the box at Show characters.Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi / wireless password. (It is case-sensitive.)When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.