Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

I'm working with Windows xp, trying to connect remotely at

Customer Question

I'm working with Windows xp, trying to connect remotely at home.
Trying to home internet which is sky, but it's automatically connecting to bt wifi
I've tried disconnecting and deleting but it still won't work
Pls advise ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jessica. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.If you right-click on the wireless icon in the lower right corner and select View Available Wireless Networksdo you see your Sky network listed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I do. It says automatic with the star icon.
But at the tool bar bottom right shows in brackets bt wifi
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Is the BT network also a separate listing?Here's how to get rid of a wireless network (profile) in XPhttp://www.tp-link.us/faq-186.htmlWhen you view the available wireless network if BT and Sky are listed as separate networks, remove BT.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I've tried removing it but it won't disappear
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
That's OK. Highlight the BT network, and click the Move UP button to put it at the top of the list.XP will then try to connect to it first.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry. I meant move Sky to the top of the list.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sky won't move up
Can I ask a silly question the WEP OR WPA is that the password ?
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
WEP and WPA are wireless encryption standards. A wireless network can use either WEP or WPA.Both require a password ***** passphrase to connect to.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay thank I out in there my wifi password
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Was the Sky network asking for a password ***** you to get connected?And you were able to get on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes the sky was asking me for a password ***** won't connectBottom icon message showing
Windows unable to find a certified to log you in to the computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
According to Sky "Your wireless password ***** ***** the back or underside of your router and also on the card that came with your router."
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The password ***** ***** I'm using
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
OK. Unplug your router for 2 minutes and then power it back on.Restart your computer as well and then try connecting again.
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jessica. Were you able to get connected?If not, can you tell me the precise wording of the error message you receive when trying to do so?