Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

Problem with kindle e reader, when switched only half scre

Customer Question

problem with kindle e reader, when switched only half screen
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no change still only half screen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Paul
It is the LCD Screen controller that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. But this is the controller itself, a hardware fault.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not certain whether kindle is still under warranty . how do I check this?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
By default it comes with a 1 year warranty which can be extended to 2 years if you choose at the time of purchase.
How long ago did you purchase it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

from memory about 3 years so it would appear that warranty does not apply. thank you for your help

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No it would have expired by then sorry Paul, you will need to purchase a new one sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.