Viet - Computer Tech
Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

I am trying to register my new kindle but it wont accept the

I am trying to register my new kindle but it wont accept the password ***** have for my hub.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is the Kindle asking for the Amazon account password? Or the Wi-Fi/wireless password? etc.?Do you know if you currently have an Amazon account or not?What is the model of Hub?Do you have a laptop/wireless computer that is currently able to connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, or Mac? Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if I have an Amazon account, The hub is a Virgin Super Hub 2, My laptop is wireless and it has windows 10
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry got to go someone at the door
Thank you. Did you purchase the Kindle at the Amazon website?Can you please turn on the Kindle, then let me know exactly what it shows on the screen? Please let me know what else is showing, besides the password ***** problem; you can reply back when you are available to continue. Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Let me provide some possible solutions you can try later when you are available.Note: Passwords are case-sensitive.Solution #1:- If the Kindle's screen is asking for the Amazon account password, then on your computer, please go to the website below:https://www.amazon.co.uk/password, then there, enter your email address, and enter the the characters as shown on the page, then click on Continue, and continue to follow the instructions there in order to reset your Amazon account password; if it does not let you reset your Amazon account password, then create an Amazon account at the website below:https://www.amazon.co.uk/mycd, there, enter your email address, then select the new customer option, then click on Sign in... option and continue following the instructions there.- Once it let you set your Amazon account password ***** then you can try on the Kindle.Note: Password ***** ***** #2:- If the Kindle's screen is asking for the Wi-Fi / wireless password, then try the wireless key / password ***** the back/bottom of the Hub again; it is case-sensitive. If that does not work, please do the following on the Windows 10 wireless laptop in order to confirm the Wi-Fi/wireless password:- On the laptop, please right-click on the wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.; (Or right-click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on Control Panel, then open Network and Internet / Network and Sharing Center.)Then click on your wireless network name on the right of Connections item.Then click on Wireless Properties.Then click on the Security tab.Then select the box at Show characters.Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your Wi-Fi/wireless password (it is case-sensitive.)When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much but all's well I did it myself
You're welcome. I was trying to help you quickly a few days ago, but you were not available. But I'm glad you got it working now. Do you have any other electronics or computer question/issue I can help with today? If no, I will cancel this for you. Thank you for the update.