John
John, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have been in the IT field for the past 8 years. I also worked as a system admin for a construction company for 3 years.
50152684

I would like to change windows 8.1 which I am running

Hello I would like to change windows 8.1 which I am running on a Lenovo latop to the classic view. I searched this and was given the method to do it. I went in to 'appearance and personization' and the into 'personalization' I cannot find on my screen the heading 'theme' can yuo help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you Sir when you open personalization it is opening the themes screen like in this imagePlease check it and let me know whether you were able to change to classic screen if not we will try other methods.Sincerely,JohnNote: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JohnThank you for the answer. I got to that stage but where is the screen or box to that says 'theme' ?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome sir.The screen doesn't specifically says themes but you check the image in it which says saved themes,get more themes online etc.Did you see it if not let me knowSincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I suppose what i am trying to say is how do I get into the 'theme' window to select 'windows classic"?
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Sir i just checked and found out that the old classic theme no longer exists in windows 8 on wards but you can change some of it to classic by getting a theme online which i provide and install it.Do you want that or let me know what are you trying to achieve by changing to classic theme?Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had what I call 'classic' or the old 'windows/xp' display on Windows 8.1 but about two weeks ago I got a virus which caused me to re install the system. It then went back to the current Windows 8.1 and I do not like it. I have been trying ever since to re install windows 'classic'. I do understand that it is not exactly as the original but it is good enough for me.one example of the problem is that when I want to save a file that has been emailed to me the screen goes into 8.1 and it is a black background with the files in another color. It is probably great for some people but not for me. I want a simple system - when I save a document it saves it. Hence my search for the classic screen etc. Also I cannot get my desktop background picture to be saved. and there are other things. Th 'classic' screen solves all of this for me.
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the details.May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.Sincerely,John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes of course
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.Please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=6870ae74-d02e-4e42-9407-0237785bd2b0 that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.Sincerely,John