Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
49766785

Ive managed to delete the calendar from windows 10, how can

Customer Question

Ive managed to delete the calendar from windows 10, how can I reinstall it. I cant find any app that works
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.I am very sorry about your issues. If you are referring to the default Windows 10 Calendar app, it will only work if you setup your email account using the default Mail app.Did you setup your email account using the default Mail app already?Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not very computer literate I'm afraid. All I did was install windows 10 as an upgrade. I'm using Plusnet for all my internet and emails. The calendar was working up until a few days ago. Then it just disappeared, I've still got the calendar sign on my task bar, but somehow I've managed to delete it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Thank you for writing back with that information.Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly fix the problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't I just reinstall it from somewhere else or make a recovery disc
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Please try the following:In the search box at the bottom of your screen, please type "calendar" (do not include the double quotes)In the search results, please check if there is still Calendar listed there with the original iconIf there is, please click on it to run itKeep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
calendar is still listed but does not work.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that confirmation. That is what I believe, that calendar is still there. What do you mean by it does not work? Nothing happens when you click on it to open?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly, the icon is still there but nothing happens when I click on it.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back with that information.Please go to Settings => Privacy => Location and then locate the option that says "Choose apps that can use your location". Turn OFF the setting for Mail & Calendar there.After that, please try to open the Calendar app.Keep me posted.Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK tried that, but there is no 'mail and calendar' listed so can't turn it off.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the problem while you watch on your screen? It will be a faster mode of help and I can check if the app is corrupted that needs to be rebuilt
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Hardware & Software Specialist - 10yrs Exp, Web Designer & Developer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do you want me to do now?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session. 1. Please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=71e232cc-a37b-4b18-846f-eaea3198886a2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.Best regards,Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, how is it going? Did the updates install successfully after the restart?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience. Your issues were resolved through remote access. You Mail and Calendar app are now working perfectly.
Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DearCustomersorry I didn't get back to you yesterday, but we're all allowed a day off!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
DearCustomerI'm back!!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fenton,Thank you for writing back. How is it going? Are you now able to use your Mail and Calendar app without any issues?If you need further assistance, please let me know. I am here to assist you further.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,it still wont let me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please continue to help, as I don't know what to do
Thanks Fenton
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. Can we resume a quick remote session now? Please use the link below:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a8783a0a-e417-40df-b3f8-41aca16c69a1
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Fenton,Thank you for your patience. Your issues was resolved through remote access support. You are now using Thunderbird and your email and calendar are now working fine.Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.Best regards, Jess