Kamil Anwar
Kamil Anwar, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ Years of Experience. / CCNA (S), CCNA (W), CCNA (RS), MCTS, MBCs.
69350257

I was given a Kindle two years ago. It looks

Customer Question

I was given a Kindle for Christmas two years ago. It looks as if it is a basic model with only an on/off switch on the base. I am an old technophobe and am as yet unable to use
it. I have plugged it into my old Dell laptop and have a screen which says 'USB Drive Mode'
and there is a small green light next to the plug-in-point on the base. What do I have to do to get beyond the point of removing it from my laptop and waiting for the person who gave it to me to explain what I have to do to be able to read the books I would like.
I have checked the box in which the Kindle was given to me and there are no instructions as to how it can be used.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Does the box say which Kindle model you have? For example Kindle FireHave a look at this video and tell me if it's of any help so I know where you're at:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gojPzNk251YPlease reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing on the box but a small booklet says it is a Kindle paperwhite.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Good work, were you able to turn it on?