Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I tried to recharge my ORIGIONAL KINDLE frommy computer usb

I tried to recharge my ORIGIONAL KINDLE frommy computer usb but has given me a grey screen TEQUILA - device setting
1.0.6.194-----327739 and asks me to enter the serial No.
I cannot get the key pad to appear. What must I do next?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and charge it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
did as suggested and TEQUILA - System diass
1.06.194 --- -1092715648 is displayed
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, the Kindle is connected from the computer at the moment correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Kindle to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.