Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have lost everything on my laptop,I think I have a virus

Customer Question

I have lost everything on my laptop,I think I have a virus or malware.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Can you be a little more specific please? Can you access the laptop, and if so, what do you see when you log in to it? Also, can you tell me please what make and model of laptop it is?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dell Inspiron 17 Series 5000.I have been trying to access Facebook all day.I have lost all my Friends/Games.I keep getting asked to change my password.It won't accept my email telling me that it isn't mine.I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Are you using any antivirus?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Was trying to download on when everything went off.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
Are you using the infected computer to chat with me now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
First just to be on the safe side, go to this LINK and download and install MalWareBytes. Run the program and delete everything it finds then get back to me when finished.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
This sounds more like your facebook account has been hacked, not your computer. If that is the case, you will need to contact facebook at this LINK and follow the instructions to try to recover your account.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.
How did you come out with your scan?