Dan
Dan, Network Administrator
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have lost everything on my laptop,I think I have a virus

Customer Question

I have lost everything on my laptop,I think I have a virus or malware.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Can you be a little more specific please? Can you access the laptop, and if so, what do you see when you log in to it? Also, can you tell me please what make and model of laptop it is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dell Inspiron 17 Series 5000.I have been trying to access Facebook all day.I have lost all my Friends/Games.I keep getting asked to change my password.It won't accept my email telling me that it isn't mine.I don't know what to do.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Are you using any antivirus?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was trying to download on when everything went off.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Are you using the infected computer to chat with me now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
First just to be on the safe side, go to this LINK and download and install MalWareBytes. Run the program and delete everything it finds then get back to me when finished.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
This sounds more like your facebook account has been hacked, not your computer. If that is the case, you will need to contact facebook at this LINK and follow the instructions to try to recover your account.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
How did you come out with your scan?