Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I need a repair..screen . My screen password ***** ***** and

I need a repair..screen . My screen password ***** ***** and I don't remember it. Could you please give me a link? Many thanks. Margaret
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of your phone please Margaret?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is not a phone...it is a kindle 3rd generation. Please note I have just paid 28 pounds via paypal for your answer
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Noted and thanks
The password ***** referring to is the screen lock correct? To unlock the screen?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
If you forgot it you need to enter in the reset code which is going to reset the Kindle and return it to new, this you cannot avoid.
But once you set it up again, you can register it again and your books will again be available.
To do this, enter in the code
resetmykindle
or if it fails to accept this
###-##-####
Submit this as the password ***** this will then reset it.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need this information so that after the repair (by a specialist company) it can be checked by the repaairer before it is returned to me. I can do nothing myself as the screen is broken and unusable. Only one line of "print can be read at the bottom of the page . I can send your information to the company after I have spoken to them. Thank you. I hope this works. Forgive me if I say I hope my £28 has not been wasted!!!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok, but the information I gave you is correctly and will unlock the screen once the screen is working.
Just sending them the below message, its all they need to know.
enter in the code
resetmykindle
or if it fails to accept this
###-##-####
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And please remember to rate my service by clicking one of the smiley faces then submit.