Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My wife has just bought a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10. The Office

My wife has just bought a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10. The Office program has a 'first run & install' feature, but although it appears to go through the process and gives the message 'all done' at the end, the program is not installed. Any help appreciated
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
When it gives the all done message, did you restart the computer to make sure the installation is completed?
Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the windows key + R and type in
winword.exe
Press enter
What then happens?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
'Windows cannot find WinWord.exe .....' is the answer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you type in Office.
You should see office appear, click it and run the installation again.
Let it complete and tell me if it then installs correctly please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The answer comes up that it cannot find Office although the installation icon still remains on the desktop.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what now happens when you click the install icon on the desktop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes through the 'installation' procedure again. The message comes up 'You're OK to go', but no sign of the program being installed. Restarted, but still nothing.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Press the windows key + X and click on Control Panel.
Then click on uninstall a program.
Do you see office there in the list?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Have looked in the program files folder and it shows Office 15 folder with a lot off numbered folders and a file 'First Run.exe' When I run this it goes through the whole process again and I'm back where I started!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can I connect to the computer please to see whats happening.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID is 429 806 429 and Password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still in contact? The dialogue screen on the laptop disappeared.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you closed the window and disconnected me. Like when you were making a new user account.
can you open Teamviewer and provide me the ID and Password *****
You also need to accept the offer for additional Q&A time so we can continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, but I think we had better close this session. If you saw the user account you will
realise that at my age there is only so much that I can concentrate on at any one time. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. well I have marked this question to never close, so maybe its best you have a rest and then return and we can continue then.
The issue is we need to do the purchase as you have a trial version on the computer but that has expired, which is why it gave that messaged.
But I have marked the question to never close, so If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service before leaving by clicking one of the stars or smiley faces then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank You. ***** think it would be better to close the question, as we do not have enough requirement to go ahead with the purchase of the program. We will manage quite well with the programs and set up we have at the moment. Will rate your service as good! Roy