Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My acer7540G has vertical lines down thw middle of the screen

my acer7540G has vertical lines down thw middle of the screen , How can I get rid of them ?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
Can you please remove the power cable to the Acer then hold the power button down for 60 seconds then release.
Once done, connect the power icon, and then turn it on and tell me please if you still get the lines.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard that didn't work I still got lines !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is the actual LCD screen or controller that has faulted.
The lines are dead pixels and they are not lighting which is why they appear as lines. It can be residue power but we have ruled this out.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return it to have a diagnostics run on it to confirm if the screen or the controller is at fault and this replaced (for the controller they replace the entire motherboard) It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The laptop is out of guarantee so I will have to buy a new one but thank you for you full and informated answer !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your most welcome,
If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating via one of the stars or smiley faces please.