Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

Will not properly shut down or re boot only the picture of

Will not properly shut down or re boot only the picture of the reader under the tree it was being slow to page turn so powered off.Had this problem all day can you help I am not very computer literate
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Hi John. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.Is this your Kindle reader you're having the problem with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This is often caused by corruption in the firmware. A hard reset often corrects this.On your reader, hold or slide and hold the power switch down for 45 seconds and release.Wait a moment and power the reader back on.Let me know the result please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No nothing still reverting to same picture on screen and will do nothing
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Plug the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes and with it still plugged in repeat the power switch procedure.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am doing but isn't that then taking us beyond the allotted time I have paid for
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
There's no time limit that I'm aware of.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Go ahead and let it charge the full 15 minutes and let me know please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still nothing goes back to same picture
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. If this procedure did not restore the Kindle functionality theinternal memory of the device has faulted. The reader, if any warranty is in force,will be replaced at no cost to you. I'm very sorry this has happened.If you have further questions or need further assistance please let me know.Else please take a moment before leaving to provide a rating usingthe stars at the top of the page.It would be much appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's 3years old so what are my options
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.
At that age the reader, unless an extended warranty was purchased, is will beyond the standard one year warranty period.I'm unable to recommend any local repair facilites as I'm located in the US.Given the age of the device replacement may be the best option.