Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My Humax box has suddenly stopped working but I don't know

Customer Question

My Humax box has suddenly stopped working but I don't know why. Can you help please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.comI have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.
What version of the Humax box do you have?
Is it the FREEVIEW, FREESAT, or the YOUVIEW?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Mercury,
All I can find about the beast is the model number which is HP200PT64BT2. The 'Getting Connected' booklet has youview on the front page. Hope this helps.
Ha, i assume you are calling me MERCURY as a PUN to my name of Quiksilver???? Good ONE!.Anyways.....because we cant narrow down WHAT EXACTLY the type pf box you have (assuming it is a YouView, because the model number produced NO RESULTS).....all we can do is run through the troubleshooting steps set forth by the manufacturer for a similar box..So first things first.....Now i know this may sound simple, and maybe even condesending.....but i assure you, these steps are necessary..1. Is the Television turned ON....and is the television on the correct INPUT for the Humax BOx?2. Are all the cables connected to their PROPER position, and FULLY pushed in all the way?Check your aerial cable between your TV and box and also your ethernet cable between your box androuter are connected correctly and securely.Check the power cable is connected securely to the box and power is switched on at the wall.3. Restart the box. Switch OFF the power supply to the box and then switch it back ON..If all these have been checked, and the TV has the correct settings....The Humax box might have died. How old is it? When did you purchase it? Was it NEW, or USED when you got it?.If it is still under warranty, then you can get it repaired or replaced for free.