Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Can Humax Pvr-9150T be upgraded recording

Customer Question

can Humax Pvr-9150T be upgraded for freesat recording
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JustAnswer.comI have reviewed your question, and just want you to know, that I am working on an answer for you. In my searching for your answer, it may happen that I will need more information from you and I may reply back to you before giving an answer. Please check back often.
If you mean that you want to hook up a SATELLITE DISH to your Humax Pvr 9150, then the answer is a simple NO. It will ONLY allow DVB-T transmissions..This device, EVEN IF THE SOFTWARE IS UPGRADED, will NEVER work on a satellite dish, and will ONLY EVER work on an OTA antenna (aerial as it is called in the UK).The Humax Pvr does NOT send POWER out to the antenna, which is necessary for a satellite dish to work. The EYEBALL on a satellite dish (called an LNBF) requires POWER from the receiver to work. and because the Humax Pvr will NEVER be able to supply POWER out to a satellite dish eyeball.....it will never work. Not to mention that the frequencies for Satellite transmissions are NOT compatible with the Humax Pvr9150.You need a DIFFERENT Pvr Box to be able to hook it up to satellite dish. PanSat, is a FREE to Air satellite dish COMPATIBLE PvR box. Have a look at them.http://www.ftaboxes.com/