Richard, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

My name is***** am trying to get into Cortana

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** am trying to get into Cortana for which I have generated a new password ***** Microsoft which I use to log into my email .... but when I try to log into Cortana it asks for my old password ***** which I then type in and Microsoft does not remember my old password ***** I get no further with logging into Cortana so I generate a new password ***** it asks me for the old one so I type it in and it still does not recognise my old password ***** please please can you help me***@******.*** ***@******.***
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome
You do not actually need to sign into Cortana.
Do you mean your trying to sign into your computer so you can use it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my computer is up and running only had it 2 weeks came preinstalled with windows 10 I just need access to my MS account which I can do then it asks me to verify who I am by asking what my old password ***** so I then type it in and it tells me my old password ***** ***** I must have generated about three new passwords in the last few hours so I remember what my previous password ***** ***** still no joy .............. I can log into my email using every new password ***** generate no problem but to get into Cortana to set it up it asks me to verify my old password ***** must have about 3 old passwords now and have tried them all but no luck
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, is this for the account
***@******.***?
I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.
Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.
I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.
Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.
If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.
Thanks,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what do I do next
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Can you go to www.teamviewer.com
Click on Download for Free
Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect
Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a message saying you are not allowed to control the remote computer at the moment ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, your trying to control a computer, you need to give me here the ID and Password ***** so I can control yours
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
612 570 815
password ***** *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
connecting now